Tuesday, October 15, 2013




































October 15, 2013: (PM Edition) After a bottle of champagne compliments the Hilton, we went to a great thai restaurant for dinner. I always look for thai spicy basil beef, but the menu was in German. I spotted a word that looked like basil, so I asked Georg what the dish was called…”Oh, that means Beef of Hell.” #letsdothis We survived!


Took the girls back for bed and then headed out to celebrate. For my German McDonalds experience, I tried the Chili Shrimp Burger… DISGUSTING.
One cool story of the night was our first drink. We went to a traditional German bar and watched the end of a soccer game.  I pulled a 10 euro note out of my wallet, the same bill that Georg gave me in 2002 when he came to visit. The euro had just been introduced that year! He told me to come spend it in Germany sometime… and I’ve held on to it for 11 years now.  I bought the first round of drinks with it, which was a Kolsch Gaffel German beer.
As we got closer to midnight we went to a stock market bar, where the prices change every 5 minutes. It was really neat!  Georg and Thea gave me some fun birthday gifts, including a book for when I come visit Leipzig ;) and a modified book, titled ‘Nineteen Eighty Three’. Haha!


So there it is. The last day of my 20’s. Perfect end to the decade.



No comments:

Post a Comment