Sunday, February 12, 2012



Siana Airstrip = My 100th Airport!






Let's go, Air Kenya!



February 12, 2012: For a travel geek like me, this gets its own post.  I use a site called FlightMemory to track all my flight stats and data.  And on this trip, I was getting excited to visit Zurich International Airport, my 100th airport. BUT, I realized on this trip that since it’s not recognized by the site, I had never input Siana Springs Airstrip! So we celebrated quickly before hopping on our flight.  Siana Springs, 100th airport.


Airstrips are funny here.  Grass or gravel. Sometimes a truck will take off in front of the plane to get the animals off the runway.  On our 2nd stop on the way back to Nairobi, it was a guy with a stick beating the sheep and goats off the runway.  But hey, we made it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment