Thursday, November 15, 2012



TRIAGE






Water Tub






She's born!






7lb 10.8oz






Grandma and Grandpa Ward






Uncle Josh and Grandma Christie






Birth Verses






Grandpa Jim!






Sister Maria :)






Those toes... :)



November 15, 2012: Jen woke me up at 1am. Well, not intentionally. My first words were “Geesh, babe, you keep waking me up with all that BREATHING!!”  Then I realized she was on the floor. On all fours. Sobbing a bit. Then…… it clicked. IT’S BABY TIME!  I apologized for the rough start, asked for a do-over, and we got down to business. I busted out the Contraction Timer app and we were 60-90 seconds long, no more than 4 minutes apart.


Wait, we agreed to go to the hospital at 4 minutes apart…. but we’re starting there? Hmm.


I ran some bathwater for Jen so she could pass contractions in the tub, and later called our doula, Julie.  She confirmed that things looked like ‘the real deal’ and headed our way since she lives 60+ minutes from us.


When she arrived around 3pm, I started packing the car. We were… sorta… packed, thinking we had the coming weekend to finalize things, so I started throwing random stuff I thought we’d need in the car as well.


4am rolls around, and we’re heading to the hospital.  I make it there in 8 minutes flat, valet the car, and we’re up to Triage by 4:10am.  Jen is passing each contraction like a champ, and they continue to be 2-3 minutes apart, 60+ seconds long.  They check Jen, and she’s 4cm dialated! Progress.


FINALLY, we leave triage at 6am.  Jen walks to our room, which happens to be the exact opposite spot on the floor from where we are. But again, like a boss, Jen walks it out. And we get to our room, tub ready for Jen (thanks Julie!)  Jen gets in the tub, and she gets another cervix check 2 hours after the check in triage….8cm!


The Dr tells Jen not to rush… but that she really needs to get out of the tub. :)   So an hour after getting to our room, it’s time to push!  And then about 45 minutes later… we meet our baby girl.


Annelise Kate Ward.


Annelise:  Grace, Favor, Consecrated to God.


Kate: My father’s mom’s name. The only Grandma I knew, and one heck of a lady.


11/15/12.  8:00am.  20.5 inches.  7lb, 11oz.


Jen: VBAC, All Natural, No Medications, No Pain Pills, 100% natural and healthy birth!


Annelise is darling. Just like her mother. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment