Tuesday, November 27, 2012



Dr. Em






Making dinner






Foosball with Daddy






Em and Estrella



November 27, 2012:  Dear Emelyn, I love watching you grow up. I always have. But now that your little sister is here, I think about when you were that age… and I smile.  But I’m really glad you’re 2 now, because you’re a TON of fun! I love watching you play Doctor and check on Annelise.  Or pull up a chair to help cook. Or picking up the DVD remote to “call” Grandma and Grandpa, then walk around the house and have a conversation with them. I love hearing you count to 5, or randomly say some ABC’s. You sing, oh how you sing!  I couldn’t even list the songs here that you’re already picking up on.  This afternoon, you were singing “Happy Birthday to ME” as you played with your dolls. So cute.


You’re going to be an amazing big sister, Emelyn.  You’re already showing so many “first child” traits, from your strong leadership to your ambition to get something done right to just caring a whole lot about baby sister. And you also care so much about your best friend Estrella.  It saddens me to think about when she might leave in a few years and how much that’s going to break your heart.  You’ve been best buds for nearly 5 months now, and you treat her just like your little sister too.


Don’t change a bit from who you are. Be loud. Scream. Be sensitive. Smile constantly. Speak your mind. Sing about Jesus. Be jealous for Mommy’s hugs. Ask me to kiss your ouchies and make them better. Ask me to sing one more song before bed, even though you don’t know what “bad singer” means yet. I’ll sing my heart out for you, and dance even more.  You and me, we’re going to be buddies forever.


You’re amazing. I love you!


Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment