Wednesday, April 24, 2013





April 24, 2013:  Wow.  1,000 posts today.  781 days ago on March 4, 2011 I posted a pic from a cramped bathroom on a Canadair, and I’ve posted at least one piece of content every day since.

March 4, 2011 wasn’t just a random date that I decided to post a selfie. It was the beginning of a quest, a challenge to leave an archive of life. An opportunity to digitally catalog my experiences and my memories.

March 4, 2011 was my 10,001st day of life.  My 10,000th day of life was my dad’s 55th birthday.  And my wife’s 10,000th day of life? Our 5th anniversary. (Cue the creepy music.)

So what if I happen to make it 10,000 consecutive days?!? Well… Emelyn would be the age I was when I started this blog (27), and Annelise would be 25. Jen and I will be a week from our 32nd anniversary, and I’ll be… 55, the age my Dad was when I started this. And on that day, if the internet exists.. if cameras exist… computers… tumblr… heck even us…. I’ll hand the keys over to my 27 year old daughter and tell her to have a blast with it. To look back fondly on the memories and the blessings, but to live for the future that much more. It’s funny because I don’t truly care that much about the past, I’m always looking ahead.  But it’s fun to leave a trail behind me in case I want to ever slip away and reminisce.

So now here we are, on the 1,000th post of WhereisBradjward.com. The tumblr started on November 28, 2007 with a pic of Bella the Beagle, who’s looking a little more grey, sleeping a little bit more each day, and just as sweet as ever. There are 219 random posts between 11/28/07-3/3/11 that I wanted to leave for archive’s sake. The 1000th consecutive post won’t occur until Thanksgiving this year, 11/28/13.

The site has seen 13,000 visitors from all 50 states and 49 countries.  Since starting it I’ve flown 602,125 miles (To the moon, back, and half way there again!) I’ve touched down on 6 continents in 32 countries across 120 different airports with 36 different airlines.

And those numbers are fun. And nice.  But what I cherish most is the ability to one day just…. get lost scrolling.  Remembering.  Watching my daughters grow up before my eyes.  Watching my love grow for my wife by the day, seeing friends come and go, but not without leaving an unforgettable impression on my life each time.   It’s all here waiting.

Thanks for being a part of my story.
- Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment